Dazzling Dormice 2021 - 2022
Reception Teacher/EYFS lead
A huge welcome to all of our Dazzling Dormice!
Hi Dazzling Dormice, we hope that you have all had a fantastic summer and that you are excited as we are to start learning together in reception.
For our first term together we will be learning about two different topics. The first topic is called 'Magical Me'. In this topic we will all get to know each other and learn about being part of the Dazzling Dormice class and the school community. The second topic is called 'Harvest Happenings'. As part of this topic we will learn lots about the special time of the year in which crops are harvested and the seasons begin to change. We will also learn about lots of 'mini topics' based around the children's ideas and interests so let us know what you would like to find out about!
Key updates for the start of term
- We will be using the Seesaw families app from September 2021. This will replace class emails as the form of communication between home and class teacher(s).
- The QR codes and instructions to guide you through this process were provided at the end of last term. A duplicate will be available at the beginning of term from your class teacher.
- Seesaw will be used to notify you if your child has been chosen for an award for our Friday Celebrations.
- We will still be providing a 10-day Covid learning pack each term. This is to be used in the event of your child being told to remain at home by track and trace. This can be found on the class pages of the school website and will allow the children to continue with their learning from home if they are well and able.
- There will be a reading diary to complete each day on Seesaw (no more blue diaries), and this will be our focus for the first term. It is the expectation that you read with your children a minimum of 5 times a week at home. Children who complete this task will be celebrated in our weekly Celebration Collective Worship on Friday mornings as well as being rewarded on stamp charts and visual church tower displays. Online reading diaries will be checked each week on a Thursday.
Miss L. Gordon - EYFS Lead and Class Teacher (Monday-Wednesday)
Mrs E. Woolgar - Class Teacher (Wednesday-Friday)
Mrs A. Purdy - Teaching an Learning Assistant
Mrs C. Clarke - Teaching and Learning Assistant (mornings)
Miss Abbi Jordan - Reading Champion
Files to Download
Dazzling Dormice: News items
There are no News items to display
Dazzling Dormice: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Dazzling Dormice: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Dazzling Dormice: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display