Catch Up / Recovery Funding
What is catch-up premium for?
- The Government has pledged a one off, universal catch up premium for the 2021-22 academic year to ensure that schools have the support they need to help all pupils make up for missed learning.
- Schools can use catch-up premium funding to support any catch-up provision that they are offering and can carry any unspent funding forward to future academic years.
- Schools should use this funding for specific activities to support their pupils' education recovery, in line with the curriculum expectations set out in Government guidance.
What is recovery premium for?
- This is new one-off funding for state-funded schools i the 2021/22 academic year.
- Building on the pupil premium, this funding is to help schools deliver evidence-based approaches for supporting the most disadvantaged pupils.
Tutoring in schools
- The National Tutoring Programme is a government funded, sector led initiative designed to support schools to address the impact of coronavirus (COVID 19) on pupils' progress and attainment.
- Schools can choose from a range of tutoring approaches to suit their needs.
All additional allocations will be added to the pupil premium strategy report showing income received, actual/proposed spending and evidenced/expected impact. This report can be viewed by clicking the link below.